Objectives of the job
Our client, in the insurance sector, is actively looking for a DBA SQL Senior.
Your mission will be :
- To be able to provide professional advice on the design and implementation of new database infrastructures.
- Hybrid cloud, multi tenancy and multi forest are not unfamiliar terms to you.
- You apply automation methodologies to the infrastructure and the upper layers on a daily basis.
- You are responsible for the technical realizations and take care of the necessary installations and configurations of the hardware and system software in order to set up the IT environment successfully.
- You are responsible for the technical management and maintenance of the SQL park within the two data centers in Mechelen and Antwerp: Installation and maintenance of software, database services, backup, monitoring ...
- Proactively and critically examine the IT environment and formulate the necessary improvement proposals.
- Consistent and high-quality documentation. Drawing up and updating procedures, inventory and schedules.
- Drawing up configurations in order to transfer the various operational procedures, checklists and guidelines regarding hardware and software installations and configurations to colleagues within the system administrators team
- You have thorough product knowledge of SQL 2008 up to and including 2019.
- You have in-depth product knowledge of Product Knowledge of Master Data Services
- You have knowledge of the following products: MS Analysis Services, MS Reporting Services
- You are familiar with Cloud database services: Azure SQL, Amazon RDS, ..
- You have the necessary experience in the day-to-day monitoring of the SQL server park.
- Very good knowledge of the design and management of SQL environments according to the High available-Always on principle.
- You can analyze complex queries and analyze response times with a view to improvements.
- Very good knowledge regarding the use and management of SQL Licenses.
- Thorough experience of SQL Server migrations.
- You have knowledge in using Enterprise Backup and Recovery tools for the managed SQL environment and manage a backup strategy at SQL level.
- Thorough knowledge of DB2 as a database platform is a plus.
- Practical experience in setting up, managing and maintaining a DB2 database platform is a plus.